Peoria County Board to consider Christmas tree farm zoning request
The Peoria County Board will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Peoria County has a board-administrator structure. The 18-member board (one representative per district) has a peer-elected chairperson and delegates the day-to-day duties to a hired administrator who supervises various county departments. The board meets the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the Peoria County Courthouse, 324 Main St., Peorias.
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by Peoria County:
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENCE
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL BY THE COUNTY CLERK
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of June 9, 2016 County Board Minutes
II. PROCLAMATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- A proclamation congratulating the Princeville High School Girls' Softball Team for winning 2nd place in the 2016 IHSA Class "1A" Softball Tournament.
III. CITIZENS’ REMARKS
(To address the County Board, fill out a card and submit it to the Chairman before the Board Meeting.)
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
C1. The Treasurer report consisting of the Bank and CD's Portfolio for the month of May 2016 and Revenue & Expenditures for the month of April 2016.
C2. The Auditor's report of expenditures from Accounts Payable system is accessible at www.peoriacounty.org. The Transparency Portal tab is alphabetical on the left-hand side of the page.
C3. A resolution (item 2 conveyance and item 3 defaulted reconveyance) from the Ways and Means Committee recommending that the County Board Chairman be authorized and directed to execute deed of said property to the highest bidder, and be authorized to cancel the appropriate Certificates of Purchase. This resolution shall be effective ninety days from July 14, 2016 and any transaction between the parties involved not occurring within this period shall be null and void.
C4. A resolution from your Budget Subcommittee recommending approval of a forgivable loan from the General Fund to the Risk Management Fund in the amount of $500,000.00 due to unanticipated expenses in the Risk Management Fund.
C5. A resolution from your Health, Public Safety and Justice Committee recommending to approve the relocation of upgrades to technology from Courtroom 214 to Courtroom 210 and to allow any remaining funds to be utilized for additional courtroom improvements.
C6. A resolution from your Health, Public Safety and Justice Committee recommending approval of an extension to the Agreement with Roger Herman as a Third-Party Independent Contractor for Licensed Nursing Home Administrator Services for a term not to extend past December 31, 2016 at an amount not to exceed $56,000.00 plus mileage.
C7. A resolution from your Land Use and Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of the low bids of R.A. Cullinan, Tremont, IL and Pavement Maintenance Services, Henry, IL, for the provision of seal coat and road tilling services for various township roads in the amount of $451,320.77, to be paid from the Township Motor Fuel Tax Fund.
C8. A resolution from your Land Use and Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of the lowest responsible bid of R.A. Cullinan, Tremont, IL, in the amount of $763,065.57, for pavement resurfacing of Willow Knolls Road between U.S. Route 150 and Allen Road.
C9. A resolution from your Land Use and Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of a Preliminary Engineering Services Agreement with Midwest Engineering Associates Inc. for Phase 1 and Phase II engineering of safety improvements at the intersection of Lancaster Road and Pfeiffer Road at a cost not to exceed $26,900.00.
C10. A resolution from your Land Use and Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of the lowest responsible bid of Peoria Title, LLC, Peoria, IL, to provide escrow services for the acquisition of 21 flood prone properties in the Unincorporated areas of Peoria County.
C11. A resolution from your Land Use and Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of the lowest responsible bid of Peoria Title, LLC, Peoria, IL to provide escrow services for the acquisition of 20 flood prone properties in the Town of Edwards.
C12. A resolution from your County Operations Committee recommending approval to renew hosting, maintenance and support services agreement with Custom Data Processing Inc., La Grange, IL in the amount of $32,880.00 a year for the next three and a half years, for a total of $115,080.00, on behalf of the Peoria City/County Health Department.
C13. Chairman Appointments
V. ZONING ORDINANCE AND RESOLUTIONS
1. Case 034-16-U, Petition of Rod & Kathy Stahl. Three Special Use requests to vary from requirements of a Major Home Occupation. 1) A Special Use as required in Section 20-126.96.36.199 of the Unified Development Ordinance. This section requires that a major home occupation may employ no more than one person who is not a resident of the dwelling unit. The petitioners propose that their two non-resident children be employed. 2) A Special Use as required in Section 20-188.8.131.52 of the Unified Development Ordinance. This section requires that no more than 1,000 square feet of an accessory structure may be used for storage purposes only. The petitioners propose to use 1,000 square feet of an accessory structure as a gift shop accessory to their Christmas Tree Farm business. 3) A Special use as required in Section 20-184.108.40.206 of the Unified Development Ordinance. This section requires that a major home occupation provide landscaping to screen off-street parking areas from the view of adjacent landowners, according to the provisions set forth in Section 7.6 (Landscaping and Bufferyards). The petitioner does not propose to add any landscaping to the southern property line. The parcel is located in Jubilee Township. The Zoning Board of Appeals recommends approval with restrictions. The Land Use and Infrastructure Committee concurs.
2. Case 039-16-U, Petition of Joseph Sieg (Tabatha Sieg, owner). A Special Use as required in Section 20-220.127.116.11 of the Unified Development Ordinance. This section allows for a special use in order to deem a non-conforming use or structure to be in conformity and to be allowed to continue and expand as a lawfully existing structure. The parcel is located in Logan Township. The Zoning Board of Appeals recommends approval with restrictions. The Land Use and Infrastructure Committee concurs.
3. Case W03-16, Petition of Michael Cochran (Carla Bazhenow & Carlton Varnes Family Trust, owners). A resolution from your Land Use and Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of a waiver of compliance from Section 20-18.104.22.168.b.1 of the Unified Development Ordinance. This section requires a minimum of 30 feet of contiguous road frontage for parcels created via subdivision plat which are less than 10 acres. The petitioner is proposing to divide an existing 2 acre parcel into two tracts of 1 acre each, whereas both 1 acre parcels will have 0 feet of road frontage. The parcel is located in Hollis Township.
4. A resolution from your Executive Committee recommending approval of a Settlement Agreement and Mutual Release between the County of Peoria, Peoria Riverfront Museum and Dewberry Architects Inc.
5. A resolution from your Ways and Means Committee recommending approval to establish a pool of contractual Internal Auditors in lieu of an Internal Auditor employee.
VI. MISCELLANEOUS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Organizations in this Story
324 Main Street
Peoria, IL - 61602