Peoria Heights Village Board approves seeking demolition bids for Grayboy Building
The Peoria Heights Village Board met Aug. 16.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by Peoria Heights:
1. The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
2. Everyone stood for the Pledge to the Flag.
3. Upon roll call, the following Trustees were present: Harn, Carter, Mariscal, Reichert and Cumming. Trustee Fuller was absent.
4. Minutes: Trustee Cumming moved to approve the minutes for August 2, 2016. Trustee Mariscal seconded the motion, which was approved by a vote of 5-0.
5. Correspondence: Clerk Musselman has no correspondence.
6. Announcements: Mayor Allen thanked everyone who attended and volunteered at Tower Park Music Fest and the Gold Star Ceremony. Mayor Allen also extended his thoughts and prayers to the families of Patty Smith and Cliff Brumbaugh.
7. Community Development Assistant Program Grant Closeout: Jim Cummings, EDC, conducted a public hearing to close out the Atlantic Avenue Water Main project grant agreement.
8. Trustee Reports:
Public Works: Trustee Harn stated that Forest Park Drive will be closed for tree work next week.
Administration/Personnel: Trustee Cumming stated that the Tower in Tower Park is now operating with Fall Hours.
Economic Development/Village Improvements: Trustee Carter had nothing to report.
Police: Trustee Fuller stated there will be a Neighborhood Watch meeting on August 29, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Village Hall.
Building Maintenance: Trustee Mariscal had nothing to report.
Fire: Trustee Reichert had nothing to report.
9. Comments from the Audience: Kevin Shields, Heights Development Corp, asked if an award was going to be made this evening on the Globe Glass Property. Mayor Allen stated no, but it will be specifically listed on the agenda when it is going to be voted on.
10. Old Business: There was no old business to discuss.
11. New Business: Trustee Harn moved to approve the authorization request to go out for demolition bids for a portion of the Grayboy Building at 4414-4426 N. Prospect Road. Trustee Cumming seconded the motion, which was approved by a vote of 5-0.
Trustee Harn moved to approve the payment to Midstate Asphalt Repair for $19,624 for spray patching. Trustee Cumming seconded the motion, which was approved by a vote of 5-0.
12. Treasurer's Report: Total balance in the Village account is $1,063,527.59. The total balance inthe Waterworks account is $544,965.11.
13. The board entered into executive session at 6:54 p.m. to discuss property.
14. The regular session was adjourned at 8:40 p.m. upon a motion from Trustee Cumming and a second by Trustee Harn.