Peoria County Board appoints chairmen
The Peoria County Board met Feb. 9 to appoint chairmen.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the board:
"Peoria County has a Board-Administrator structure. The 18-member board (one representative per district) has a peer-elected chairperson and delegates the day-to-day duties to a hired administrator who supervises various county departments. The Board meets the second Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Peoria County Courthouse."
PEORIA COUNTY BOARD
Thursday, February 9, 2017
County Courthouse • 324 Main Street • County Board Room 403 • Peoria, Illinois 61602
Voice: (309) 672-6056 • Fax: (309) 672-6054 • TDD: (309) 672-6073
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENCE
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL BY THE COUNTY CLERK
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
• Approval of December 5, 2016 Organizational Meeting Minutes
• Approval of December 5, 2016 Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
• Approval of January 12, 2017 County Board Meeting Minutes
II. PROCLAMATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
• A proclamation recognizing Peoria High School's Football Team for winning the 2016 Class 5A State Football Championship.
• A proclamation recognizing George Manias on the 70th Anniversary of George’s Shoeshine and Hatters World Headquarters
III. CITIZENS' REMARKS
(To address the County Board, fill out a card and submit it to the Chairman before the Board Meeting.)
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
C1. The Treasurer report consisting of the Bank and CD's Portfolio for the month of December 2016 and Revenue & Expenditure Reports for the month of November 2016.
C2. The Auditor's report of expenditures from Accounts Payable system is accessible at www.peoriacounty.org/auditor/transparency.
C3. A recommendation from your County Board Chairman and your County Administrator to accept the resignation of Edward T. O'Connor, III as Peoria County Treasurer effective January 31, 2017.
C4. A resolution (item 1 conveyance) from the Ways and Means Committee recommending that the County Board Chairman be authorized and directed to execute deed of said property to the highest bidder, and be authorized to cancel the appropriate Certificates of Purchase. This resolution shall be effective ninety days from February 9, 2017 and any transaction between the parties involved not occurring within this period shall be null and void.
C5. A resolution from your Executive Committee recommending approval of a one year funding agreement with the Greater Peoria Economic Development Council in an amount not to exceed $100,000.00 for Fiscal Year 2017.
C6. A resolution from your Public Safety and Justice Committee recommending approval of the Peoria City/County Landfill budget for the time period January 2017 through December 2017.
C7. A resolution from your Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of financial commitment of local funding to match any Federal Surface Transportation Urban Funds received for the reconstruction of Old Galena Road.
C8. Chairman Appointments.
V. ZONING ORDINANCE AND RESOLUTIONS
1. A resolution from your Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of a Supplemental Preliminary Engineering Services Agreement with Midwest Engineering Associates Inc., East Peoria, IL, at a cost not to exceed $4,200.00 for a Preliminary Environmental Site Assessment of the Lancaster Road and Pfeiffer Road intersection safety improvements.
2. A resolution from your Infrastructure Committee recommending approval of a Supplemental Engineering Services Agreement with Midwest Engineering Associates Inc., East Peoria, IL, at a cost not to exceed $164,787.90 for Phase 2 engineering for the reconstruction of Old Galena Road from Cedar Hills Drive to Boy Scout Road.
VI. MISCELLANEOUS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Organizations in this Story
324 Main Street
Peoria, IL - 61602