Elmwood schools building committee plans summer classroom storage
The Elmwood Community Unit School District 322 Board of Education Building Committee met Jan. 19 to plan summer classroom storage.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the board:
ELMWOOD COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT #322, ELMWOOD, ILLINOIS
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Building Committee Meeting
January 19, 2017
Elmwood District Office
1. Call to Order – 5:00 PM
2. Roll Call – Mark Davis, Val Ramirez, Claude Keefer. Other: Rick LeHew
3. Recognition of Guests – DKA: Todd Light; RCC: Leanne Skuse, Dan Hopper, John Mummert
4. Phase II
a. Review GMP from River City Construction
i. River City went over the GMP figures. Latest is $6,359,849. This is $159,849 over.
ii. Signage – take it out of budget ($3,606)
1. RCC will handle handicap parking and ADA bathroom signage.
2. District will handle room numbers and exterior signage
a. ASI signs (VAL).
3. RCC (Hopper) will verify how many electrical panels are included in Division
26 – Electrical/Fire Alarm/Technology.
a. He will send drawings to District, we will verify which are the most in need, and go from there.
4. The High School lot
a. In order to get the GMP to an acceptable level, put off the finish of the lot.
i. Drainage – storm
iii. Far east sidewalk and curbing
c. Still included:
i. Sidewalks along new bldg. (East and South of new addition)
5. Adding asphalt and concrete to Bid Pack #1.
iii. Revised GMP will still go to Board on Monday
iv. Bid pack #1 will go out on Monday, January 23, instead of Friday, January 20.
1. **Will need a Special Board Meeting on Thursday, January 26.
v. What is RCC (Dan’s) “gut” feel on the bidding process?
1. Everyone is hungry for the Spring ’17 work to kick-off. Feel comfortable with the numbers as presented. Have a good shot at recognizing some of the savings.
b. 310 N. Althea
1. All were OK with it.
5. Discussion Items
a. Phasing of Project
i. Pink is March 2017 to March 2018
ii. Yellow is Summer of 2017
iii. Blue is Summer of 2018
iv. **Need to talk with Shanna about food, supplies, materials, etc., to be moved and what not for the summer.
v. **Need to talk to Joe about supply closet (where freezer is going to go).
b. Find out when the dark room is going to go away
i. Summer of 2017 (this summer)
c. Find out which classrooms are going to be done when, etc.
i. **Distribute map to staff
d. Are lockers being pulled for asbestos? Painted? Can teachers store stuff in them?
i. **Materials cannot be stored in lockers. Will electrostatically be painted.
6. Board Member Communications
a. CM @ Risk.
i. Our attorney is with the same firm that represents Metamora and Fieldcrest. The particular attorney is different. The language used is our AIA was the same as theirs.
1. His concern was with “privety.” If RCC is the one holding and representing contracts, how is RCC representing Elmwood?!
2. There was no getting that off of that. He didn’t care about Fieldcrest and Metamora. Those were not the Districts he represented.
ii. In the interest of moving forward, RCC said fine.
1. He is making RCC have the District hold the contracts.
2. Still utilizing the same AIA CMAR language.
iii. Change orders internally.
1. Shouldn’t be our problem. Will now need to be our problem.
iv. Nothing will change from RCC standpoint.
v. Val’s concern is that when we went to this standpoint, didn’t want Supt. to have to be baby-sitting the contract. Essentially, have converted the contract to a CM Agent.
vi. Threw people out because that was not the delivery method that we wanted to use.
vii. Now the District holds 20 contracts.
viii. **Superintendent will contact Jay Greening and find out what liability (if any) the Board would have by removing provisions affecting:
ix. Holding of the contracts.
x. RCC will find out which lawyer from Miller, Hall & Triggs that Metamora and Fieldcrest.
b. Claude would like to recommend doing some investigating of the out-of-scope, out of this project, to see what it would take to do this.
7. Adjournment – 7:28 PM Motion: Claude Seconded: Val