West Peoria Land Use Committee met May 17.
West Peoria Land Use Committee met May 17.
Here is the agenda provided by the Committee:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Additions to/or deletions to agenda
4. Approval of Minutes – April 19, 2017
5. Review of Monthly Financial Report
6. Vacating a Street at 2327 W. Heading Ave – Engineer Report
7. Enterprise Zone
8. Public Comment
9. Nuisance Properties
a. Code Enforcement Report
b. City Administrator’s Report
11. Old Business
a. Motion to approve Ordinance 2017-12 An Ordinance Vacating a Street in the City of West Peoria at 2327 W. Heading Avenue
b. Litter Program
c. Fence Code Review (Code 2-2-10)
d. Firewood Storage Code Review (Code 4-1-3 and 4-3-9)
12. New Business
a. Review Home Occupation Application
b. Committee Meeting Time and Date Review
13. Public Comment
5/16 Plan Com. & Public Safety
5/17 Land Use
6/20 Public Safety
6/21 Land Use
8/15 Public Safety
8/16 Land Use
*Plan Commission Will Not Meet in June, July & August
*RS indicates Rescheduled from its regularly scheduled time.
Council 7:00 pm 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month
Finance 5:30 pm 1st Tuesday of every month
Land Use 6:30 pm 3rd Wednesday of every month
Plan Commission 5:30 pm 3rd Tuesday of every month
Public Safety Committee 6:30 pm 3rd Tuesday of every month
Transportation 6:30 pm 2nd Thursday of every month
1. Continue to revisit Property Maintenance Code and amend when/if necessary.
2. Periodically oversee rental property registration system.
3. Review City Code book ordinances pertaining to Land Use and pursue amendments where needed.
4. Weeds and grass issue
5. Residential TIF District
6. Review list of City owned properties and look at possible sale of them.
7. Enterprise Zone (added at the 07/15/2015 Land Use meeting at the request of the committee)
Illinois Municipal League – Municipal Calendar
www.iml.org (For online access to the entire municipal calendar, go to iml.org, then choose the tab marked “Advocate”, then choose “Legal”, then choose Municipal Calendar)
*Please note that this information is being taken directly from the IML site and not All items are specific to West Peoria.
Duties that are to be performed in the month of June.
Note: For purposes of this calendar, it is assumed the fiscal year begins May 1st, as it does in most municipalities outside of Chicago. Some municipalities, however, may have adopted a date different from May 1st for the beginning of their fiscal year. 65 ILCS 5/1-1-2(5). If so, this calendar must be adjusted to reflect that specific fiscal year.
94. New. Non-Home Rule municipalities are required to adopt regulations, by resolution or ordinance, regarding reimbursement for travel, meal, and lodging expenses of officers and employees on or before June 29, 2016. Public Act 99-0604 (eff. January 1, 2017).
95. The annual appropriation ordinance must be passed by municipalities with a population under 500,000 during the first quarter of the fiscal year. 65 ILCS 5/8-2-9.
96. On or before the second Monday in June of each year, the report of the board of directors of municipal tuberculosis sanatoriums must be filed with the corporate authorities. 65 ILCS 5/11-29-11.
97. Before July 1 of each year, the directors of the municipal tuberculosis sanatorium are to be appointed by the mayor or the president. 65 ILCS 5/11-29-4.
98. Before July 1 of each year, the directors of municipal coliseums are to be appointed by the mayor or president. 65 ILCS 5/11-66-5.
99. Before July 1, library trustees in cities are to be appointed by the mayor. 75 ILCS 5/4-1.1.
100. On or before the second Monday in June, the board of directors of hospitals in cities of less than 100,000 in population shall make an annual report to the city council. 65 ILCS 5/11-23-8.
101. During the month of June of each calendar year, municipalities must investigate and ascertain the prevailing rate of wages to be paid for work on public works and post or keep available its determination of such prevailing wages as well as file a certified copy thereof in the office of the Illinois Department of Labor no later than July 15. 820 ILCS 130/9. A municipality may request the Department of Labor to ascertain the prevailing rate of wages. 820 ILCS 130/4, and 820 ILCS 130/9.
102. Those persons or entities required to file a report under the Lobbyist Registration Act must do so by July 31. Thirty days after filing in accordance with the Lobbyist Registration Act, the lobbyist shall notify each official on whose behalf an expenditure has been made. Notification shall include the name of the registrant, the total amount of the expenditure, the date on which expenditure occurred, and the subject matter of the lobbying activity. 25 ILCS 170/6. Individuals required to register must provide a copy of the report to each official listed in the report at least 25 days before the deadline for filing (July 31). 25 ILCS 170/6.5.
103. On or before August 1 of each calendar year, every law enforcement agency is required to submit racial profiling information and other data required to be collected from traffic stops during January through June of the previous calendar year to the Illinois Department of Transportation. 625 ILCS 5/11- 212.