City of West Peoria Finance Committee met February 7
City of West Peoria Finance Committee met February 7.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
1. Chair Meismer called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
2. Members present were Chair Meismer, Alderpersons Martindale and Siewert. Also present were Mayor Dillon, City Administrator Krider, Finance Assistant Finan, Alderperson Dohm, and Clerk Barnes.
3. There was one Addition to the Agenda – for discussion only: Credit Card for Clerk Barnes.
4. Motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting on January 3, 2018 was made by Alderperson Martindale and seconded by Alderperson Siewert. Motion carried.
5. Motion to receive and file the Financial Reports for November and December 2017 was made by Alderperson Siewert and seconded by Alderperson Martindale. Motion carried.
6. There was no Public Comment offered.
7. Old Business
a. Fiscal Year 2019 Budget – draft is still being worked.
8. New Business
a. IML article on Raffle Licences was reviewed, but decided that the County should continue to keep the licensing, and the City not get involved.
b. Motion to recommend to Council reimbursement to residents of the TIF 1 District in the amount of $4,000.00 (line item #15-00-507)was made by Alderperson Siewert and seconded by Alderperson Martindale. Motion carried.
c. Motion to recommend to Council payment of Purchase Order #13697 in the amount of $3,273.03 (line item 01-41-616) was made by Alderperson Siewert and seconded by Alderperson Martindale. Motion carried.
d. Discussion of a Credit card for the Clerk: Because South Side Bank is merging with Busey Bank, procedures are also changing. Busey needs approved minutes from the Council Meeting to be able to obtain a card. Minimum rates were discussed and will be explored by the City Administrator. This will be coming up on the next Council Meeting Agenda.
9. Review of Bills was done by the Committee.
10. Motion to Adjourn was made by Alderperson Siewert at 5:47 p.m. and seconded by Alderperson Martindale. Motion carried.
The next regular meeting of the Finance Committee is Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.