CITY OF DELAVAN: Grow Delavan Community Spring Clean-Up Day
City of Delavan issued the following announcement on March 31.
The Grow Delavan Community Spring Clean-Up Day is fast approaching. All volunteers should meet at the tent outside Delavan Pediatrics (corner of 5th and Locust) at 8:30 am on Saturday, April 6th.
The following are the various clean-up projects:
1. Recycling and Waste Collection: at the grocery store lot
a. Dumpster for general waste collection – restricted items include appliances, furniture, corded items, paint, tires, electronics, yard waste, chemicals
b. E-Waste Recycling – televisions, monitors, printers, etc will be accepted. No fee will be charged for items but monetary donations will be accepted to offset the fees charged us by the recycling company
c. Appliance and Scrap Metal Recycling – items should be brought to the location. To arrange for pick up call Dan Troyer (309) 202-7577 prior to clean-up day if possible
d. Yard Waste – sticks/branches, leaves, grass
2. Mulch distribution: mulch available for pick up at the grocery store lot. Bring your own wheelbarrow, garbage can, etc.
3. Trash/Litter pickup along 4th St and Locust St. May also include Pine and 5th in the Business District. Contact person is Charlie Graul (217) 260-4480
4. Park clean up: Veteran’s Park, Gardner Field and Pool area, Vonachen (5th Street) Park, and Lake Park
5. Window cleaning at the old Dollar General
6. Clean up debris at the grocery store lot
We want to focus on the main roads in town (4th and Locust) because of their visibility to everyone who comes into town. We want to create that good first impression for visitors. Not only will this clean up day contribute to this goal it will also serve to accomplish another goal – bringing the community together to work together for the benefit of Delavan.
To accomplish these goals, we need your help. We need some able bodies to help at the drop off location at 5th and Locust to manage the dumpster, electronics, and other waste/recycling. We need work teams to focus on the other things on the list. The youth are particularly invited to participate in the clean-up.
Bring your own gloves, rakes, brooms, and other tools. Trash bags and safety vests will be provided. The first 50 volunteers will get a discount coupon (for ½ off any item) for use at Common Ground Bakery.
Be sure to LIKE this post and SHARE on your timeline so we can spread the word.
Original source can be found here.