Canton City Council met March 5,
Canton City Council met March 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
Call To Order
Pledge Of Allegiance
Public Participationroll Call
Additions Or Corrections To The Agenda
1. Approval of Council meeting minutes held February 19, 2019
2. Bill List
Alderman Ryan Mayhew, Chairman
1. Discuss, consider and vote on the purchase of a self contained breathing apparatus for the fire department.
Legal & Ordinance
Alderman Craig West, Chairman
1. Discuss, consider and vote on a resolution approving a pre-annexation agreement between the City of Canton and Michael T and Nola D Vaughn for 24315 E County Highway 27
2. Discuss, consider and vote on a resolution approving a lease agreement between the City of Canton and Donnie Eskridge
3. Discuss, consider and vote on a resolution approving a permanent easement for the City of Canton for a fire hydrant and water main located at 175 East Elm Street, Canton Il.
4. Discuss, consider and vote on an ordinance authorizing the sale of certain personal property owned by the City of Canton Illinois (1996 Pierce Dash motor vehicle)
5. Discuss, consider and vote on the demolition of property at 250 East Ash Street.
Negotiations, Grievance & Personnel
Alderman Justin Nelson , Chairman
Community & Industrial Development
Alderman John Lovell,Chairman
1. Discuss, consider and vote on a special event request and road closure for the Healthy Kids Triathlon to be held on May 4, 2019 at the YMCA from 12:00-2:00pm
2. Discuss, consider and vote on a special event request and road closure for the Leprechaun Loop to be held March 16, 2019 at the YMCA from 8:00am-11:00am
3. Update from SRPED Missy Towery
Public Works, Water & Sewer
Alderwoman Angie Lingenfelter, Chairman
Public Safety & Traffic
Alderwoman Angela Hale, Chairman
Streets And Garbage
Alderman Quinn Mayhew, Chairman
Lake, Buildings & Grounds
Alderman Tad Putrich, Chairman
1. Discuss, consider and vote on bids received for the boat dock at Canton Lake.
Executive session for the purpose of: personnel, grievance, pending litigation, negotiations, land acquisition and business matters