City of Canton City Council met September 3
City of Canton City Council met Sept. 3.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC PARTICIPATIONROLL CALL
OATH OF OFFICE --- Attorney Chris Jump
ADDITIONS OR CORRECTIONS TO THE AGENDA
1. Approval of Council Meeting Minutes dated 08-20-2019
2. Bill List
4. Treasurer’s Report
ALDERMAN RYAN MAYHEW, CHAIRMAN
1. Discuss, consider and vote on a resolution approving an agreement between the City of Canton and Maracon LLC for the development of the GASB 74/75 health care actuarial study for the City of Canton.
2. Discuss, consider and vote on an ordinance authorizing the issuance of General Obligation Refunding Bonds (Alternate Revenue Source), Series 2019 of the City of Canton, Fulton County, Illinois in the aggregate principal amount not to exceed $5,110,000 for the purpose of refunding outstanding debt certificates of the City and paying for costs related thereto
LEGAL & ORDINANCE ALDERMAN CRAIG WEST, CHAIRMAN
1. Discuss, consider and vote on an ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a first amendment to the tax increment financing (TIF) district redevelopment agreement by and between the City of Canton, Fulton County, Illinois and Stinauer Family Dentistry Inc. (2nd Reading)
2. Discuss, consider and vote on an ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a TIF District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Canton and Big Cat’s Bowls, LLC- Canton 1 downtown/5th Avenue Tax increment financing district. (2nd Reading)
NEGOTIATIONS, GRIEVANCE & PERSONNEL ALDERMAN JUSTIN NELSON, CHAIRMAN
COMMUNITY & INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ALDERMAN JOHN LOVELL, CHAIRMAN
1. Discuss, consider and vote on a special event and road closure request submitted by Billy’s Tap for the Canton Traveling Basketball fundraiser to be held October 12, 2019
2. Discuss, consider and vote on a special event request for the annual Spoon River Scenic Drive to be held October 5/6 and October 12/13.
3. Discuss, consider and vote on a special event and road closure for the annual YMCA Turkey Trot.
4. Update from SRPED Missy Towery
PUBLIC WORKS, WATER & SEWER
ALDERWOMAN ANGIE LINGENFELTER, CHAIRMAN
PUBLIC SAFETY & TRAFFIC
ALDERWOMAN ANGELA HALE, CHAIRMAN
STREETS AND GARBAGE
ALDERMAN JEFF FRITZ, CHAIRMAN
LAKE, BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
ALDERMAN QUIN MAYHEW, CHAIRMAN
1. Proclamation- 2020 Census
Executive session for the purpose of: personnel, grievance, pending litigation, negotiations, land acquisition and business matters