Fieldcrest Community Unit School District 6 Board met December 12
Fieldcrest Community Unit School District 6 Board met Dec. 12.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The Board Meeting of the Fieldcrest CUSD No. 6 was called to order at 6:30 pm by President, Joe Kirkpatrick. Meeting location: Fieldcrest High School, Band Room.
Roll Call was as follows: Bernardi, present; Hillenburg, present; Kirkpatrick, absent; Lohr, absent; McKay, present; McNamara, present; Palm, present.
Open Meeting: The following is “Open Meeting” meeting minutes.
The meeting type: Special.
Meeting Location: FHS Band Room.
Called to order: Open session called to order at 6:30 pm by President, Joe Kirkpatrick.
2.0 Public Communications to the Board:
Comments: Jim Liner
- No new buildings for the district.
- Agendas and compliance with Open Meetings Act.
o The 12/3 agenda led to a discussion which was not on the agenda
o The Board President should not have brought up the discussion.
- The 12/3 meeting was disheartening.
- The Board President should resign and other members should resign, too.
- The Board has no supervision.
- The voters did not want a referendum and the next referendum will probably fail.
- We should work with what we have and come up with a plan and project a timeline.
3.0 Action Items:
3.1 Middle School Asbestos Abatement Bids
Motion by Hillenburg seconded by McNamara move the Board accept M & O Environmental Co.’s bid of $12,850.00 for asbestos removal in the girl’s locker room at Fieldcrest Middle School.
Comments: No comments.
Roll Call: Ayes, Bernardi, Hillenburg, Kirkpatrick – absent, Lohr - absent, McKay, McNamara, and Palm. Nay 0.
4.0 Adjourn: Motion by Palm second by Bernardi to move that the Board adjourn the special meeting held December 12, 2018 at 8:43 pm.
Roll Call: All Ayes, except Kirkpatrick and Lohr. Nay 0.